Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holding Down the Homefront

Hello all.  My name is Jenna, and my blog is about my months without my Marine boyfriend home.  He is currently stationed in Afghanistan.  I know he isn't allowed to tell me much more as to where he is, so that is all I will say about his location, and moreso about how I am feeling, what I am going through, and counting down the long 7 months for his return home to the United States.

Below is a picture of him and I. We have been together for about a year.  He was in the Marine Corps when I met him, but he was on the reserves side. 


Since he wasn't active, there wasn't much thought as to him being deployed. However, this August he found out that his unit would be deploying to Afghanistan in the upcoming months. From October to February, he was more out of state than home.  For half of the month of November, most of all December, all of January, and most of February, he was gone to either Camp Lejeune, and out in California to 29 Palms, which is also known as the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center.  There, him and his unit would train for the upcoming months 8,000 miles away in foreign land.



2 comments:

  1. This picture is beautiful. I'm so glad you're going to write this all down, Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be a place to not vent, but to keep record of what I am going through, and what he is going through over there. I plan on showing him this when he comes home.

    ReplyDelete