Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter Eggs Overseas

So it had been a few weeks, and I decided that I was going to send my boyfriend an early Easter basket, (carepackage style, of course). Last Easter I made him one, full of chocolate eggs and bunnies, and all the kinds of Reeses' candies ever made, alongside a toy of Avatar, since that was our first movie we saw together.

So, since I can't make him a "normal" basket, I made him one for overseas. You can't send chocolate since it melts, so I got plastic easter eggs that are have a camo design.

and then filled them with Lifesaver and Jollyrancher flavored jelly beans. I then sent him a bunch of snacks and two cans of powder Gatorade, and then topped it off with that crappy easter basket fluff you place in an easter basket.

I hope to hear from him soon and that he received this package, because a day after I sent him the package, I watched on the news how a semi-tractor trailer full of mail flipped on some major road. All I could think was that his Easter basket was onboard. :( I'm crossing my fingers it wasn't.

3 comments:

  1. Don't think like that, hun! Your easter basket arrived safe and sound. I'm sure of it. Matt's lucky to have such a supportive and caring girl waiting for him at home. Those camo eggs are perfect. You're so creative. He's going to have a wonderful easter because of you. just stay strong, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to him a few days ago, and he said he didnt get the easter package yet :( however, he said he didnt check his little mail room for a couple days. So until I hear from him that he received it, I ain't sendin' no more!! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes sense. i wouldn't send anything else till you find out either. It might take a little while. I'm sure it's there. Tell him to get his lazy butt in gear and check his mail! haha :)

    ReplyDelete