Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tension

I heard from my boyfriend a few hours ago, and he said all is well. he recieved his care package, and immediately placed his fluffy pens blanket on his bed in his room :) We talked few a few minutes, and I learned about what else I can send over there. I told him the news of our friends that had their baby, and that his good guy friend and his girlfriend are now engaged.

We both feel that so far, his deployment is going pretty fast. He has already been there for a month, and says that everything is going as decent as it can. I did ask him about the troubles on the news dealing with uprisings in Afghanistan, with the people upset about the issue of the Koran being burned in Florida recently. My boyfriend says that these uprisings don't help him and his unit at all, saying that the Afghanistan people are being even more standoff-ish and hostile towards the troops. My boyfriend said he hasn't witnessed any problems with this issue, but members of his unit already has.

I've also heard that Obama wants to send more troopsc over this summer, and is already postponing his date to bring home the troops. Hopefully, things can be sorted out soon.


2 comments:

  1. The Koran burning bothers me because the people behind it obviously didn't consider what the reaction could be, and how that could impact the troops. In fact, I didn't really think about the troop impact until this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janelle. I wish more people thought about the consequences and reactions of others before they did things like that. Hopefully matt and his unit are safe. I'm sure he really appreciates the care packages too.

    ReplyDelete