Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hockey and Marines

Today I went down to tour Consol Energy Center for a piece in my other class. The tourguide was amazing, giving us so many exciting details about the new building, and showing us behind the scenes on the first playoff game played at Consol.

Towards the end of the tour, the guide mentioned how they love doing group parties and special events, and it got me thinking. In between periods at one game I was at in Mellon Arena, they had a soldier that was allowed to ride a zamboni as they congradulated him on his tour overseas for our country.


A light bulb turned on inside my brain, and I instantly thought that it would be an awesome gift to give my boyfriend -- to let him ride on a zamboni!!!


So after the tour, I talked to the guide, and he gave me his card and email contact information so I could get in touch with the right people to make this dream a reality. I could only imagine my boyfriends face if this could actually happen. :) Now, if only I could meet Sid.

5 comments:

  1. You'd better take me with you if you get the chance to meet Sid... or Chris... or Fleury...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc Andre Fleury and I would make beautiful babies. just sayin. I hope you get the chance to do this for Matt. he'd love it. i know i don't know him, but i adore you, so i hope he's doing well. keep me updated on his deployment over the summer please. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be awesome. And I know the team/organization does a lot for veterans, which is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rin, I will most definitely take you haha

    Kaylie, you and Fleury would make pretty babies :) And not only will I keep you updated, I plan on hopefully hanging out over the summer with you!!! We can do some of your roadtrips and roundtrips!

    Janelle, I will literally pee my pants if they contact me back with saying they will do this hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna, I'd be perfectly fine with that. :) It was so sad saying goodbye to you yesterday! :( I can't wait to take a roadtrip! If the Pens hang on long enough, and I'm sure they will, we can plan for a student rush game! :) Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete