Friday, April 8, 2011

No $ For My Man :(

Throughout the past weeks, where I live, there have been many issues with our states government policies, and bills that may be passed shortly. One issue that seems to hit pretty close to home for my boyfriend is this whole government shutown. The last time it got like this, it was in 1995-6. Back then, workers for the federal government were reimbursed for their lost pay, but there are rumors that this time around, it may not be so. Since my boyfriend is in the military, they are told that they will still be working as usual, yet their next pay may only have one week's worth in it. It may get even worse, and he may not get paid at all, from what I have read. Though, there are other reports I have read that some congressmen are trying to pass a law stating that military men and women will still get paid during the shutdown. Here are two sites with information about this issue. For some reason, I can't get it to be able to be clicked on. Sorry :(

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0408/Government-shutdown-101-What-does-it-mean-for-the-military

AND


http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gowgx-LCK1RPT9cdfpmpIE-n7PuQ?docId=2ae9c1d5220c41d485df8cdc98c59f8c




Which brings me to my next point...







...if the people who work for President Obama are not being paid, is his pay frozen as well? Just a question.

1 comment:

  1. they're lucky they didn't shut it down. i'm not sure what it would have meant for matt, but i'm glad that nothing negative came out of it. i love the idea of this new blog. i know how passionate about the military you've been since he left. this is the perfect change of blog for you.

    ReplyDelete